CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Transportation Services in Carson City, Nevada
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing transportation projects to join and help lead our growing Nevada Transportation group. In this position, you will manage complex transportation projects for major transportation agencies in the Nevada region. You will manage multi-disciplined project teams, develop the scope and budget for transportation projects, assist with marketing and business development activities, and serve as a one of our leaders for our Transportation Group in Nevada.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major transportation planning, design, and construction projects.
• Working with current staff to enhance our transportation services capabilities.
• Assisting in mentoring staff and helping to expand our transportation design and program management practice in the Nevada market.
• Leading the development of project scopes, schedules, and budgets and development and monitoring and reporting on project performance.
• Doing Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects managed and providing assistance on projects managed by others.
• Being responsible for adherence to the firm’s quality procedures at the project level.
• Assisting with marketing and business development efforts and further expanding our clients and opportunities with Nevada region transportation agencies.
• Building teams to match the project needs including selecting internal team members and establishing teaming partnerships with respective industry firms.
Senior Project Manager - Transportation Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 13 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Professional engineering (PE) license, highly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, structural, or transportation engineering, or related degree.
• Previous experience managing transportation projects for Nevada road, highway projects.
• Previous experience assisting with the proposal process and presenting/meeting with state, county or municipal clients.
• Strong experience meeting and working with Nevada municipal transportation agencies.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Nevada - Statewide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning.
• Significant experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Possesses deep knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to interact with many people, and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Excellent personal computer skills including expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
- CDM Smith Jobs